Saturday 27 July 2013

:(

Did you hear about to train crash in north Spain?

I bet you did, it was all over the news.

Oh my God, you should have seen my face when I found out. My stepmom called me over to the laptop, ‘come see this’.

My eyes skimmed the Sky News webpage, stopping on a picture of the train – or rather, what was left of it…

My reaction? This: ‘OH MY GOD. TRAIN CRASH IN SPAIN. WHERE? IS MY MOM ALRIGHT? MAYBE MY MOM WAS ON THAT TRAIN? I BET LOTS OF PEOPLE DIED. OH, CRAP, WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?’

Yep, I freaked.

And then I found out it happened halfway across the country to my house, and that my mom is absolutely fine.

So, what happened? Apparently the train driver, who was only permitted to drive 120km/h at a turn was driving 190km/h!! He said that he tried to beat some kind of record. MOST IDIOTIC EXCUSE I HAVE EVER HEARD.

The train derailed because of that great speed, sending eight carriages flying, some even ended piled on top of each other.

80 people dead.

More than 120 injured.

It is said that this is one of Europe’s worst ever train crashes.

And the driver survived without a single scratch! Wow, I suppose with all that mess he caused by wanting to beat a stupid record, he’ll rather be dead now than go to court, jail and all that stuff.

I can’t believe someone can be so thoughtless, unwise and pure stupid to do something like that.

Plus, he was equipped with gear that beeped when he was exceeding the speed, but obviously ignored it.

Imagine… you’re sitting happily in a super-modern train, in Spain. Maybe you’re on holiday with your family, maybe you’re just going home from a long trip. Maybe you just started eating your sandwich, drinking your Coke or even playing a game of cards with your relatives. Maybe you’re travelling with your child, or maybe you are a child.

And suddenly… BOOM!!!

And you’re dead. Gone forever. In less than ten seconds, you lost your life, unexpectedly, suddenly, not of your own fault…

Oh my goodness, it must have been terrible…

The whole of Spain will be grieving for three days after the accident. I will be mourning too, as I consider myself a little Spanish, plus I just feel sorry for what happened.

God bless all those people.

No comments:

Post a Comment